Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Easiest Homemade Burger Buns

No matter how experienced we may be as homecooks or chefs, we all of that thing. That one thing that we're a bit apprehensive to bake or cook. Mine at the moment is bread. 

If you knead a quick yeast roll recipe, you're in the right place! 

I love really good bread; crusty on the outside, warm and soft on the inside. And because I'm such a fan, I'm a bit hesitant to experiment with baking it myself; but, there is one recipe that I've yet to seriously mess up. Taste of Home's 40-Minute Hamburger Buns is a really straight forward, no-nonsense recipe. It's a really good starting point for bread bakers and will help to build your confidence, as I've learned, in your skills. 

This is a great recipe for an impromptu cook out; it's fast and fresh. Tonight, I made this on a whim when I came home from work to the scent of pulled pork in the slow cooker.


The original recipe says that it yields 12 buns, but for pulled pork, I made them really big - yielding 4 HUGE buns. Rather than kneading the dough by hand - just too sticky and messy - I used by KitchenAid mixer with the dough hook, making this recipe even easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment